Deadlines / Entry Fees
- The final Deadline for submissions to Screenplay Festival is September 1. All entries postmarked or sent electronically on or before this date are eligible for Screenplay Festival.
- Movie Screenplays (longer than 60 pages)
- Entry Fee – $50.00.
- Additional categories – $15.00. The Entry fees qualify a script to compete in one category. Each additional category requires an additional $15.00 entry fee.
- Television Screenplays – $50.00. (No page limit.)
- Entry Fee – $50.00
- Additional categories – Television Scripts can only be entered into one category.
- Awards – All Screenplay Festival Grand Prizes and Honorable Mentions will be announced four to six months after the final deadline.
Screenplay Festival has established the following rules for the competition:
- All writers of submitted material must be 18 years or older, including co-authored material.
- Screenplays written by teams of two or more writers are eligible for Screenplay Festival. Any award won by a co-authored script will be divided evenly among the writers listed on the entry form.
- Screenplays must be the original work of the author.
- Screenplays adapted from other sources that were written by other authors (such as but not limited to books or plays) are eligible to compete in Screenplay Festival with the source author’s permission.
- Screenplays adapted from other sources by the author of that source are not eligible to compete in Screenplay Festival if the source material is currently optioned, or has been produced.
- Screenplays adapted from source material that is in the public domain are eligible.
- Submissions of new drafts or corrected pages will not be accepted.
- Screenplays must be submitted in English.
- A writer may enter more than one screenplay; however, a separate entry form and fee are required for each script submitted.