Deadlines / Entry Fees
- Feature Length Screenplays (longer than 60 pages)
- Early Entry Fee – $40.00 – Postmarked or sent electronically on or before July 1.
- Standard Entry Fee – $50.00 – Postmarked or sent electronically after July 1, and on or before
- Additional categories – Both the Early and Standard Entry fees qualify a script to compete in one category. Each additional category requires an additional $15.00 entry fee.
- Short Length Screenplays (60 pages or less) are no longer accepted for competition. All screenplays or teleplays 60 pages or longer are accepted.
- The final Deadline for submissions to Screenplay Festival is September 1. All entries postmarked or sent electronically on or before this date are eligible for Screenplay Festival.
- Awards – All Screenplay Festival Grand Prizes and Honorable Mentions will be announced
four to six months after the final dealine.
Screenplay Festival has established the following rules for the competition:
- All writers of submitted material must be 18 years or older, including co-authored material.
- Screenplays written by teams of two or more writers are eligible for Screenplay Festival. Any award won by a co-authored script will be divided evenly among the writers listed on the entry form.
- Screenplays that are currently optioned or have been sold and produced are not eligible to compete in Screenplay Festival.
- Screenplays must be the original work of the author.
- Screenplays adapted from other sources that were written by other authors (such as but not limited to books or plays) are not eligible to compete in Screenplay Festival, regardless of the source author’s permission.
- Screenplays adapted from other sources by the author of that source are not eligible to compete in Screenplay Festival if the source material is currently optioned, or has been produced.
- Screenplays adapted from source material that is in the public domain are eligible.
- Submissions of new drafts or corrected pages will not be accepted.
- Screenplays must be submitted in English.
- A writer may enter more than one screenplay; however, a separate entry form and fee are required for each script submitted.
Call For Entries
- "Since winning Screenplay Festival's Thriller/Horror Grand Prize, I've received so many requests for my script...it's scary! I've always been wary of most of the screenplay contests out there, but Screenplay Festival was definitely worth submitting to."
Tony Sago, Lighthouse
Read more testimonials.
- "What a ride it has been! With the placement of my Honorable Mention award on Inktip, I have had more than 400 producers or directors checking out my work. And to top it off, because of you I now have a great agent who is putting Felix in the right hands."
Chris Canole, Felix the Flyer
Read more testimonials.
- Click "Like" to get Screenplay Festival news updates on Facebook.